Festivals in Myanmar
- Festivals in April (Tabaung/Tagu)
- Festivals in August (Waso/Wakhaung)
- Festivals in December (Tazaungmone/Nadaw)
- Festivals in February (Pyartho/ Dabodwei)
- Festivals in January (Nadaw/Pyartho)
- Festivals in March (Dabodwei/ Tabaung)
- Festivals in May (Tagu/Kason)
- Festivals in November (Thadingyut/Tazaungmone)
- Festivals in October (Tawthalin/ Thadingyut)
- Festivals in September (Wakhaung/Tawthalin)
Kyaikhtiyo Pagoda Festival (Mon State)
Streams of pilgrims climb the sacred mountain in Mon State to venerate the famous Golden Rock Pagoda at this auspicious time.
Phaung Daw U Festival (Inle Lake)
This flamboyant festival on Inle Lake lasts for two weeks and features a re-created royal barge with a gigantic karaweik bird mounted on its prow.
Matho Thingan (Yangon)
Monks are offered newly woven yellow robes in this nationwide festival.
Kayin New Year Festival
Colourful traditional dress is donned by Kayin (Karen) people to mark their New Year.