Festivals in Myanmar
- Festivals in April (Tabaung/Tagu)
- Festivals in August (Waso/Wakhaung)
- Festivals in December (Tazaungmone/Nadaw)
- Festivals in February (Pyartho/ Dabodwei)
- Festivals in January (Nadaw/Pyartho)
- Festivals in March (Dabodwei/ Tabaung)
- Festivals in May (Tagu/Kason)
- Festivals in November (Thadingyut/Tazaungmone)
- Festivals in October (Tawthalin/ Thadingyut)
- Festivals in September (Wakhaung/Tawthalin)
Myanmar New Year Festival (Country wide)
Buddha images are bathed in thanaka water as older Burmese retreat to monasteries and temples to pray.
Shwemawdaw Pagoda Festival (Bago)
Singing and dancing competitions are the key part of this annual temple festival in the monument-laden former capital.
Thanakha Grinding Festival (Rakhine)
While the woman of Sittwe grind the roots of thanaka wood, the men play instruments, sing and dance in this festival dedicated to the fragrant paste worn by most Burmese women.
Thingyan Water Festival (Country wide)
Perhaps the quirkiest of all Myanmar’s festivals, and certainly the sauciest, is this hot-season bash, when girls get soaked to the skin by water-throwing admirers.