Festivals in Myanmar
- Festivals in April (Tabaung/Tagu)
- Festivals in August (Waso/Wakhaung)
- Festivals in December (Tazaungmone/Nadaw)
- Festivals in February (Pyartho/ Dabodwei)
- Festivals in January (Nadaw/Pyartho)
- Festivals in March (Dabodwei/ Tabaung)
- Festivals in May (Tagu/Kason)
- Festivals in November (Thadingyut/Tazaungmone)
- Festivals in October (Tawthalin/ Thadingyut)
- Festivals in September (Wakhaung/Tawthalin)
Salone Festival (Tanintharyi Region)
Traditional dances, feasts, rowing and diving competitions mark this government-sponsored homage to the region’s Moken “Sea Gypsies”, staged in Majungalet Village on Bocho Island in Myeik, one of the few occasions when foreigners are allowed on to the Mergui Archipelago.
Maha Muni Pagoda Festival (Mandalay)
This intense Buddhist festival venerates the country’s more adored statue, a massive gold seated Buddha enshrined in the southern suburbs of Mandalay. Copious quantities of incense are burned in large fires.