Festivals in Myanmar
- Festivals in April (Tabaung/Tagu)
- Festivals in August (Waso/Wakhaung)
- Festivals in December (Tazaungmone/Nadaw)
- Festivals in February (Pyartho/ Dabodwei)
- Festivals in January (Nadaw/Pyartho)
- Festivals in March (Dabodwei/ Tabaung)
- Festivals in May (Tagu/Kason)
- Festivals in November (Thadingyut/Tazaungmone)
- Festivals in October (Tawthalin/ Thadingyut)
- Festivals in September (Wakhaung/Tawthalin)
Naga New Year Festival (Sagaing)
Most of the Naga tribespeople from Sagaing and Chin states are Christian, but their exuberant New Year’s festival, marked by spectacular group dances and animal sacrifices, harks back to their animist past.
Ananda Pagoda Festival (Bagan, Mandalay)
Thousands of pilgrims descend on Bagan’s greatest temple for this month-long religious celebration, when a fufair and market accompany the worship. Monks wait a long line for their alms bowls to be filled.
Kachin Manao Festival (Myitkyina, Kachin)
Traditional manao “totem poles” form the focus of tribal dances by Kachins dressed in traditional finery.